It's a Girl's World Full Website Coming Soon!
It’s a Girl’s World, Inc.
Most girls lose interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) between grades 5-8. Girls, in particular, lack the confidence and self-esteem to pursue STEM. Exposing girls early to STEM careers and providing them with confidence, mentoring, and business skills before high school is critical to providing a gender-balanced workforce.
In partnership with a Million Women Mentors, Salem Community College, Learning Blade, and others, A Girl’s Word, Inc. is a program that will focus on young women entering 7th, 8th, and 9th grades in Salem and Cumberland Counties, NJ. A Girl’s World will seek to help these young women to:
- build confidence and self-esteem
- develop long-term skills
- pursue and be successful in their future career goals
- seek careers in STEM
These objectives will be accomplished through the students’ participation in a 3-year program that includes education and mentoring. The program includes:
- a 2-week summer camp
- courses in things like leadership, entrepreneurship, teamwork, etc.
- exploring career options
- developing and working on a business project
- participation in a community service project